Friday, June 10, 2011

SUMMER is HERE!!!

So, I just got back from a fabulous trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming. (My summer vacation for the year!) And I am whooped. Whoever thought taking 3 kids on an airplane by your self was a good idea might need to be shot, or given some Valium. Yes, William was only able to come up for the weekend due to school, and there was no way I was able to see everyone and actually visit in that short of time. So, I thought why not? Eight days would be great, and the kids and myself could actually visit. Well, we did get to visit, but it was exhausting by the time I got home. Oh well, we are home, and the summer fights and I'm bored sessions have begun. It seems to me the rest of the summer should be pretty laid back. Hallelujah!

About our trip---- We went to Cheyenne to see a close friend get married! Yes world, Eric Jacobsen is officially married. It was amazing, stressful, and tiring all in the same. I will say though it was worth every minute and ounce of effort. All of us got to witness something that I think the world seems to forget today, that real love does still exist.
The girls were able to see their Uncle Eric laugh, get nervous, (and shhh I think even shed a tear.) While at the same time gaining an "awesome" Aunt Sam, as they say. You could tell by just watching the two of them that they truly do love each other, and were ready to ride the roller coaster of life together. All I can say is, WOW!!! How else do you sum it up?
There were so many memorable moments for us at this wedding it would be hard to share them all, but here are a few.
    (Ok these are mine, not sure about the rest of the families votes.)
1. I laughed until I almost cried when Eric's (yes the groom's) phone rang during the middle of the rehearsal of the vows.
2. Sitting and making 240 key chains as favors with my hubby through the wee hours of the night. (Love you honey for helping with my sometimes crazy ideas.)
3. Watching Sam get so nervous when the air was suddenly not working the morning of the wedding. (No worries it was fixed in plenty of time. )
4. Seeing Pat (Eric's little brother) well up with tears during his toast at the reception. (The time in which I began to cry and almost couldn't stop.)
5. Having Ms. Kim (AKA Eric's Mom) hug me and say "I think you guys love them as much as we do." (How did she know?)
6. Getting to witness such a transformation in a great friend as he married his best friend. (I told him he would find her one day!)
We love you guys.... what a ride it has been and what a ride you have to look forward too!


Ok. Off of the mushy wedding stuff! It still makes me tear up! Let's see as I said, yes, William and I made 240 key chains. Hand cut, hand stamped, and then beaded! It was awesome if I must say so myself. They were all different too! At the same time William hand made a frame for an alphabet photo I made for them out of recycled wood. I know I am married to Handy Manny I think... Yeah me!

Now here is my tentative list for the rest of the summer.... LOL!!!!
1. Custom sneakers for some special little girls
2. New Chore Charts
3. Hair Bows for next school year
4. Getting my coupons organized (yes I am a crazy coupon lady) That is for another day though.
5. Listing a bunch of stuff on Ebay
6. Trying to get a jump start on birthday and Christmas gifts for friends and family...
and MAYBE
7. Starting my own crafty business on Etsy
What do you think? Sounds a little crazy to me, but I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment